- 1 cup Karo® Light or Dark or with Real Brown Sugar Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (6 to 7 ounces, or 1 1/4 cups) dried fruit pieces, such as: cranberries, raisins, chopped dates, cherries, blueberries, diced apricots, golden raisins, currants, etc.
- 1 cup chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 bag M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies
How to Make It
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a full boil (or in a 1 quart microwaveable container, microwave on HIGH, 100%, for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes until syrup boils). Remove from heat.
Stir in peanut butter, baking soda and vanilla until blended thoroughly. Add dried fruit mixture and nuts; stir to combine. Stir in cereal, oats and 1 cup M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies until thoroughly coated.
Pour into greased 13- x 9-inch pan and pat into place.
Top with additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies and press down.
Cool completely and cut into squares.