I really like the fish topping as well as the salsa recipe. This takes a while to prepare so I don't make it often. Pink peppercorns have a very strong flavor, but I enjoy them. I serve it with coconut basmati rice.
Pink Peppercorn Mahimahi with Tropical Salsa
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Pink peppercorns lend this entrée pretty color and impart a sweet note to the salsa.
Water tally: 7.1 ounces.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 743mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, crushed and divided
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon peppercorns in a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Combine panko, nuts, remaining 1 teaspoon peppercorns, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Combine milk and soy sauce in another shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dip one side of fish in milk mixture; dredge dipped side in panko mixture.
- 4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish, crust side down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over, and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes