Pink Grapefruit Cupcakes
Bake cupcakes in advance so they have time to cool before you frost them.
Yield: Makes about 48 mini cupcakes (serving size: 1 frosted cupcake)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 76mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons pink grapefruit zest
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, chilled
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pink grapefruit zest and 2 teaspoons pink grapefruit juice
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To make cupcakes, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix until smooth. Add half of flour mixture, and combine; repeat with remaining flour mixture. Add yogurt and vanilla; blend at low speed. Blend in zest. Scoop dough into 48 mini baking cups (about 2/ 3 full); bake until tops spring back when touched lightly in center (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven; cool completely.
- 4. To make frosting, place cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, grapefruit zest, and grapefruit juice; beat until smooth.
- 5. Divide the frosting into 2 bowls. Add food coloring to 1 bowl; mix with a spatula until frosting is light pink. Frost cupcakes according to directions in "Ooh! Easy Frosting Trick" (below).
- Ooh! Easy Frosting Trick
- To frost minis, place a dollop of frosting on top, and swirl with a spatula like a Mini Offset Stainless-Steel Spatula ($16; williams-sonoma.com). Put frosting in a piping bag with a large round tip (or use a zip-top plastic bag with a corner cut off), and pipe a large dollop on top of each cupcake. Then use another bag with a smaller tip and a different color frosting to make a "bull's-eye" on top of each dollop.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This