Really yummy! Beware, they will sneak up on you! So refreshing and cool...before you know it you've had three or four and you're giggling at everything!
The Pink Daiquiri
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Fonda Shaia
The original daiquiri contained rum, fresh lime juice, and superfine sugar. Ernest Hemingway is credited with the addition of maraschino liqueur and grapefruit juice.
Yield: Makes 1 cocktail
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) white rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/4 ounce) maraschino liqueur
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) Simple Syrup*
- Garnish: Grapefruit twist
- Combine first 5 ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish, if desired.
- *Simple Syrup: Combine equal parts sugar and hot water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Store in refrigerator until ready to use in mixed drinks or iced tea.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note