Yield: Makes about 1 2/3 cup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 44
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 44mg
- 2 dried red chilies (2 to 3 in. each), stemmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. Coarsely crush chilies and mustard seed using a mortar and pestle, or seal spices in a heavy plastic food bag and roughly crush with a rolling pin.
- 2. In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine the chili mixture, ginger, garlic, pineapple with juice, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Stir in walnuts. Serve warm or cool. Cover and chill up to 1 week.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments