Pineapple Waffle Cake Sundae
Valeria A. McClelland, 49, Johns Creek, Ga.
"I like pineapple upside-down cake, but my family doesn't, so I treat myself to this."
More From Allyou
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks (in juice), drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 frozen waffles, toasted and quartered
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped, toasted
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted and pineapple is coated, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and rum.
- 2. Place 4 waffle quarters in each of 2 serving bowls. Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each bowl; spoon pineapple mixture on top. Sprinkle with pecans, top with a cherry, if desired, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note