- 1 (20-ounce) can DOLE Pineapple Slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) French bread loaves, split
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey or chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) package Swiss cheese slices
- Drain pineapple slices, and cut each slice in half.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add pineapple, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle pineapple evenly with salt and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on each French bread half. Layer bottom bread halves evenly with pineapple, turkey, and Swiss cheese slices; top with French bread halves.
- Cook sandwiches on a lightly greased griddle over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and cheese melts. Cut sandwiches into thirds.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used 1 (16-ounce) package Pepperidge Farm Hot 'n' Crusty Twin French Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note