This recipe was just ok. I found the orange rind overpowered the sauce, in fact I couldn't even taste the pineapple which was disappointing. and the sauce itself wasn't outstanding, I think the stuff in a bottle is probably better. The fish instructions were totally off I found it way to overcooked I probably would take off 2 minutes of cooking time to make the salmon perfect. Although it was nice with cous cous I wouldn't bother making this again, so many better salmon recipes out there.
Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon
For a delicious teriyaki salmon dinner, check out this Asian-inspired salmon recipe featuring a glaze made from pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and orange zest. Find more dishes like this in our complete fish recipe collection.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated orange rind (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over and place in oven; bake at 400° for 3 minutes. Remove from oven; brush 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet. Return to oven, and cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with orange rind, if desired.
You can round out the meal with sautéed haricots verts and quick-cooking couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note