Pineapple-Soy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinlesss chicken breast halves, defrosted if frozen
- 1 teaspoon(s) bottled chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 12-oz package(s) fresh stir-fry vegetable mix (or 5 to 6 cups fresh vegetables)
- 1 cup(s) long-grain white rice
- 1 6-oz can(s) or 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) peanut or other vegetable oil
- 1 bunch(es) scallions (green onions, for 1/2 cup sliced)
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 1/4 cup(s) water, divided use
- 1. Bring 2 cups of the water to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. When the water boils, add the rice, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 17 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the pineapple juice and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and place in a small bowl. Pour about one-quarter of the pineapple-soy mixture over the chicken and stir to coat. Set aside the remaining sauce mixture. Cut the scallions into 1/4-inch pieces, using all of the whites and enough of the tender green tops to make 1/2 cup. Set them aside.
- 3. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pour the sauce-coated chicken into the hot skillet. Stir and cook until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the garlic, ginger, and fresh vegetables. Continue to stir and cook for about 3 more minutes, until the vegetables just begin to get tender. Add the reserved scallions.
- 5. Add the remaining soy-sauce mixture to the skillet. In a small jar that has a lid, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of water with the cornstarch and shake well. Add to the chicken mixture and stir and toss until the sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve at once over hot cooked rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note