Soooo good and way easy! I used the metal bowl method and cut the sugar in half. Tastes so good and was really easy to make with a 3 and 5 year old "helping". My kids think I'm a rockstar- I'll be making this every summer :)
Cool down on a hot summer night with this deliciously smooth and creamy pineapple sorbet - you'll never believe how easy it is to make!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Cut pineapple into 2-inch pieces. Place pineapple and lemon juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Add sugar; process 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
If you don't have an ice-cream freezer, use a covered metal bowl. Freeze mixture 3 hours or until it is hard on the outside but slushy in the middle. Remove it from the freezer, beat it with a whisk until smooth, and return to the freezer, covered, for 4 hours until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pineapple Sorbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, 5 Ingredients or Less, Freezable, Quick/Easy
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: Summer
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light