Pineapple Shrub Vinaigrette
A shrub--a sweet-tart infusion of vinegar and fruit--adds complex flavors to this easy dressing by Mary Karlin, author of Mastering Fermentation. Karlin especially likes the dressing over a salad of romaine, radicchio, red onion, avocado, feta, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
More From Sunset
- 1/3 cup Pineapple Ginger Mint Shrub
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together shrub and lime juice. Stir in shallot. Vigorously whisk in oil in a stream. Whisk in salt and pepper. Taste with a piece of lettuce; add more lime juice, salt, and pepper as needed.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 week, chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note