- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
How to Make It
Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice . Combine pineapple chunks, bread cubes, onion , celery, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sage, and cinnamon in a large bowl, mixing well. Set stuffing mixture aside.
Place pork chops in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish ; sprinkle with reserved pineapple juice and remaining salt. Top pork chops evenly with stuffing mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until chops are tender.