Yield: 4 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pineapple juice; cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half (about 3 minutes).
- Combine pineapple and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in onion mixture. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
- Fix it Faster: Start with a cored fresh pineapple to speed things up when making this salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments