Outstanding salad - and don't omit the cayenne! That little bit of heat finishes this salad off so nicely! I've made it 3 or 4 times already - twice for holidays. You can make it the night before and refrigerate it. I've made it with canned pineapple when I couldn't find fresh - not quite as outstanding, but it still works.
Pineapple and Orange Salad with Toasted Coconut
Serve this all-purpose side with any of our casseroles. Assemble the night before, but stir in and sprinkle with coconut just before serving. Omit the red pepper if you prefer a very mild mix.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 18mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 cups orange sections (about 4 oranges)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 (4-pound) pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted and divided
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine rind and next 3 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl. Gently stir lime mixture into fruit mixture; cover and chill.
- 2. Just before serving, stir 1/4 cup coconut into pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note