Pineapple-Mint Glazed Lamb
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried mint flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) leg of lamb
- 1 (10-ounce) jar mint-flavored apple jelly
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Remove the fell (tissue-like covering) from roast with a sharp knife. Place roast in a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; pour marinade over roast. Marinate 2 hours, turning roast every 30 minutes.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease rack of roasting pan. Place roast, fat side up, on rack. Insert meat thermometer, if desired, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
- Combine jelly and pineapple in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until jelly dissolves. Baste roast frequently with jelly mixture. Bake at 350° until desired degree of doneness: about 1 1/2 hours or 140° (rare); about 2 1/2 hours or 160° (medium); about 3 hours or 170° (well done).
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Cool slightly. Garnish as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes