I made these burgers for my supper club on a panini press/electric grill and they were delicious and easy! The condiments (cilantro lime cream sauce, pineapple, and avocado) really completed the burger. I opted for good store-bought rolls as buns - no need to make your own as suggested in the recipe!
Let ground beef stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pickled sliced jalapeño peppers, minced
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) pineapple slices
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
- Cilantro-Jalapeño Cream
- Toppings: avocado slices, fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine first 4 ingredients gently. Stir minced jalapeño peppers into meat mixture. Shape mixture into 6 (5-inch) patties.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center. Grill pineapple slices over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Serve burgers on Homemade Hamburger Buns. Top each burger with Cilantro-Jalapeño Cream, grilled pineapple, avocado slices, and a fresh cilantro sprig.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes