Pineapple Icebox Cake
- 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 48 vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine pineapple and sugar in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Stir into pineapple. Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until saucy.
- Layer 16 vanilla wafers, half of sauce, and half the nuts in an 8-inch square baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with vanilla wafers. Cover with waxed paper. Place a weight over cake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Spoon cake into individual serving dishes; top with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This