Best pie I've ever eaten. A friend served me this years ago, and I've been making it ever since.
Pineapple Grits Pie
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9-inch) graham cracker crusts
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add grits and salt, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Process grits, pineapple, and cream cheese in a blender until smooth. With blender running, add eggs, 1 at a time. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla; process until smooth. Pour into crusts.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour or until centers are set; cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts