The Ham was the most amazing ham ive ever had in my life! perfect!
PIneapple-glazed ham, studded with sweet maraschino cherries, is a festive main dish perfect for holiday dinner celebrations.
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (7- to 9-pound) bone-in smoked fully cooked ham
- 12 to 16 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries, halved
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 25 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts in a diamond design, and insert cloves at 1-inch intervals. Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Spread Dijon mustard evenly over ham. Pat brown sugar on top of the mustard. Pour pineapple juice mixture into pan.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries evenly over mustard layer on ham; secure with wooden picks.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Shield with aluminum foil after 1 hour to prevent excess browning, and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Remove from pan, reserving drippings. Cover ham, and chill, if desired. Chill reserved drippings.
- Remove and discard fat from drippings. Bring drippings to a boil in a small saucepan. Serve warm with ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note