No need to peel the ginger--it will be strained out of the mixture before serving.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 1 Hour
- 1 (46-oz.) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups light rum (optional)
- Crushed ice
- 1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- 2. Pour pineapple juice mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding ginger. Stir in lime rind, and, if desired, rum. Serve over crushed ice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pineapple-Ginger-Limeade Cooler Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Alcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, No-Cook, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living