- 1 (46-oz.) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups light rum (optional)
- Crushed ice
How to Make It
Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
Pour pineapple juice mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding ginger. Stir in lime rind, and, if desired, rum. Serve over crushed ice.