Yield: about 2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Beat egg yolks in a small mixing bowl. Add milk, beating well. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients; add melted butter, stirring just until moistened.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Fold into flour mixture. Gently stir in pineapple.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into deep, hot oil (375°). Fry until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Roll fritters in sugar mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch