Easy and good!
Pineapple Fried Rice
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Pineapple Fried Rice delivers sweet heat to this easy dish.
This recipe goes with Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Rice
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pineapple, onion, and chili-garlic sauce, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until onions are lightly caramelized. Add rice, red bell pepper, cilantro, and lime zest; stir-fry 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro leaves. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note