Delicious! I had no cashews, curry or fish sauce and it still came out great.
Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai-style pineapple fried rice with pineapple, cashews, and chicken.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) rice cooked
- 2 pound(s) chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) pineapple chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup(s) cashews roasted unsalted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) golden raisins
- 3 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) white pepper ground
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1 Cook 4 cups rice, preferably the day before. Let cool.
- 2 Place 3 Tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and chicken, then set aside.
- 3 Add more oil to the pan. Add the shallots and garlic, and stir fry for one minute, or until fragrant. If the pan becomes too dry, add a little chicken broth or water instead of more oil.
- 4 Push aside the shallots and garlic to make room for the egg. Add the beaten egg to the pan, and cook like making scrambled eggs.
- 5 Mix together the chicken broth, fish sauce, curry powder, white pepper, chili paste, and sugar. Stir well, then add to pan.
- 6 Add the cashews and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- 7 Now add the rice to the pan. Stir fry until all the rice has mixed with the sauce and is a uniform color. Break up any lumps of rice. Do not add any more water, broth, or other liquids to the rice at this point, or it will end up mushy. Keep the pan as dry as possible, even if a little rice sticks to the bottom. To stir fry, scoop up rice from the bottom of the pan, tossing rather than stirring it.
- 8 Add the raisins and pineapple. Stir fry to mix in.
- 9 Continue stir frying until everything is integrated and the rice is done (1-2 more minutes).
- 10 Sprinkle with green onion and cilantro and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KaayGeee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes