Prep: 20 min., Cook: 9 min.
Southern Living Cooking School APRIL 2008
1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
3. Stir together pineapple and next 3 ingredients.
4. Sauté shrimp in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Sauté garlic in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in hot cooked rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Fold in pineapple mixture and cooked shrimp. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
*2 cups chopped fresh pineapple may be substituted.
Go to full version of