Pineapple Fried Rice
Prep: 20 min., Cook: 9 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 cup MAHATMA Basmati Rice or Jasmine Enriched Thai Fragrant Long Grain Rice
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained*
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3. Stir together pineapple and next 3 ingredients.
- 4. Sauté shrimp in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- 5. Reduce heat to medium. Sauté garlic in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in hot cooked rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Fold in pineapple mixture and cooked shrimp. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 cups chopped fresh pineapple may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes