- 1 (1-inch) vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup small-diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 cup small-diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir with a fork, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Remove and discard vanilla bean, and fluff rice with a fork; set aside.
Place sesame oil and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add pineapple; cook 3 more minutes.
Stir in rice. Add soy sauce, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Fold in remaining ingredients.