Like eating pineapple air, amazing! Think it would be even better if briefly frozen, so like a soft serve ice cream. The topping tastes like pineapple jam, just not as thick.
Fools are desserts that are traditionally made with gooseberries and custard. Nowadays, whipped cream and virtually any stewed fruit can be blended to create this cloudlike dessert that, as the name suggests, just about anyone can make.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 114
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 21mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add sugar and lemon juice, and cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until slightly syrupy. Place the pineapple mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl; cover and chill.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of chilled pineapple mixture. Fold the whipped topping into the remaining chilled pineapple mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup of the pineapple mixture into each of 6 glasses, and chill. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons of the reserved pineapple mixture before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note