Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- Garnish: dried pineapple
- Cook pineapple juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup; set aside.
- Sprinkle sugar in an 8-inch round cakepan; place over medium heat, and cook, shaking pan constantly, until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Process reduced pineapple juice, condensed milk, and next 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; stir in pineapple. Pour custard over caramelized sugar in pan. Cover with aluminum foil; place in a roasting pan. Add hot water to roasting pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cakepan from water, and uncover; cool flan in cakepan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Run a knife around edge of flan to loosen; invert onto a serving plate. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pineapple Flan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Puddings/Custards
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Eggs, Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living