I served these for my birthday dinner. Although mind-numbingly simple, they were quite tasty. The sugar rim was fun -- I served it w/ (brined) BBQ chicken w/ lemon and marjorum, and a pasta salad. I wonder what they'd be like w/ a sprig of mint?
Time: 5 minutes, plus chilling time. Tangy and sweet, this drink pairs well with our luau, but is also good sipped solo. You'll need 6 cocktail skewers.
Yield: Makes 6 cocktails
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 1.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Couple of lime wedges
- About 1 cup sugar
- Fresh pineapple, cut into 3/4-in. chunks
- 1. In a pitcher, mix pineapple juice, vodka, and lime juice, then chill until cold.
- 2. Rub lime wedges around rims of 6 martini glasses. Pour sugar onto a large plate. Dip rims of glasses in sugar. Divide vodka mixture among glasses. Push a few pineapple chunks onto each skewer and set one in each glass.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note