Pineapple, Cucumber, and Shiso Salad
Try this light, tart-sweet fruit salad with any ribs that have a sweet or spicy component, especially "Chinese Glazed Riblets with Garlic and Thai Basil" and "Achiote Short Ribs with Ancho Barbecue Sauce and Avocado Relish."
More From Sunset
- Calories: 48
- Calories from fat: 3.5%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 2.1mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 slightly underripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into long, slim wedges
- 3 Persian cucumbers, quartered lengthwise
- 8 shiso leaves* or 1/4 cup small cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Thinly slice pineapple and cucumbers crosswise. Stack shiso leaves, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- *Find shiso (also called perilla), an aromatic herb in the mint and basil family, at Asian markets and farmers' markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note