- 4 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 navel orange, sliced
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
Bring first 7 ingredients and 4 cups water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately.
White Wine-Pineapple-Cranberry Wassail: Prepare recipe as directed, reducing water to 2 cups and stirring in 2 cups dry white wine with lemon juice.