I love this recipe! It's become a tradition to make this each year around the holidays when both pineapples and cranberries are readily available. This is an easy recipe to prepare & have baking while eating dinner.
Pineapple-Cranberry Spice Cake
Yield: MAKES: 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 2 tablespoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Lightly butter a 9-inch round cake pan. Cut 2 tablespoons butter into about 1/4-inch chunks and drop evenly over pan bottom. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2. Cut pineapple crosswise into four 1/4-inch-thick rings. Pat dry with paper towels. Sort cranberries, discarding decayed fruit; rinse and drain remaining cranberries. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer over sugar. Sprinkle cranberries in spaces around rings.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, coriander, nutmeg, and salt.
- 4. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and the lemon peel until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- 5. Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low speed until incorporated, then beat on medium speed until batter is well blended. Pour batter over fruit.
- 6. Bake in a 350° oven until a toothpick inserted in center of thickest part (not touching fruit) comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on a rack about 15 minutes. Cut around pan sides. Set a platter over pan and, holding both together, invert. Carefully lift off pan. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts