Pineapple-Cottage Cheese Pie
Yield: one 10-inch pie
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (15 1/4-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained and divided
- 1 unbaked ( 10-inch) pastry shell
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place cottage cheese in container of an electric blender; process 15 to 20 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add cottage cheese, whipping cream, and half of pineapple; mix until thoroughly blended.
- Beat 2 egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Fold into pineapple cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining pineapple over bottom of pastry shell. Gently spoon pineapple-cheese filling over pineapple layer. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 egg whites (at room temperature), cream of tartar, and salt; beat until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves. Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of pastry. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries