Pineapple coconut upside down cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Butter Softened
- 1 cup(s) Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground ginger
- 1 20oz. Can sliced pineapple Reserve 1 cup liquid
- 1/2 jar(s) Maraschino cherries
- 1 box(es) Yellow cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) Shredded coconut
- Prep time 15 minutes, total time 70 min.
- Preheat oven to. 350. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap a double layer of aluminum foil inside and over tip of a 10" springform pan.
- Place 1/2 cup butter in pan. Heat in oven for 2 minutes. Remove. Stir in sugar and ginger. Arrange pineapple slices in pan, place 1/2 cherry in center of each.
- Beat cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, reserved pineapple juice on med for 2 minutes. Add coconut.
- Spoon batter into pan; place pan on baking sheet. Bake for 55minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen springform pan, invert cake onto serving platter
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lkscot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pineapple coconut upside down cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts