1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add sour cream and next three ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add cake mix, and beat at low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling three-fourths full.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
4. Scoop out centers of cupcakes, using a 1-inch melon baller and leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges. Discard or reserve centers for another use. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of pineapple filling into the center of each cupcake. (Recipe follows).
5. Pipe cupcakes with Buttermilk-Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows.
1. Stir together the crushed pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until a pudding-like thickness.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla; pour mixture into a bowl. Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on warm filling, to prevent a film from forming; chill 2 to 24 hours.
BUTTERMILK-CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar alternately with buttermilk, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating until blended.
Go to full version of