Love this--have made this many times! To save time, you can always buy a ready-made pie crust.
Pineapple-Coconut Cream Pie
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-calorie vanilla wafer crumbs (about 40 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, combine first 3 ingredients; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and egg in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Heat milk over medium-high heat in a medium, heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in pineapple, 1/4 cup coconut, and ginger. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 15 minutes or until egg mixture is chilled; stir occasionally.
- Remove pan from ice. Fold in whipped topping, and spoon mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle top with toasted coconut. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts