- 2 (20-ounce) cans DOLE Crushed Pineapple, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
How to Make It
Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple and reserved juice aside.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups drained pineapple, 3 1/2-ounce can coconut, 1 cup pecans, and vanilla.
Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
Stir together powdered sugar, remaining pineapple, reserved juice, remaining chopped pecans, and 1/4 cup coconut. Spread evenly over cakes.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.