Fantastic!! The sweet and salty combination of the chicken sauce and pineapple was amazing together. Very satisfying and delicous. I served this with roasted broccoli and brown rice.
Pineapple Chicken Satay
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers, about 1/3 cup pineapple mixture, and about 3 tablespoons soy sauce mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 31.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
- 1/4 cup natural-style, crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Place peanut oil, curry powder, and chicken in a bowl; toss to coat. Thread chicken onto 8 (6-inch) skewers.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- 4. While chicken cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pineapple, 1/3 cup red onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve chicken with soy sauce mixture and pineapple mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note