Very tasty; nice blend of flavors!
Pineapple Chicken Satay
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers, about 1/3 cup pineapple mixture, and about 3 tablespoons soy sauce mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 31.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
- 1/4 cup natural-style, crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Place peanut oil, curry powder, and chicken in a bowl; toss to coat. Thread chicken onto 8 (6-inch) skewers.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- 4. While chicken cooks, combine 1 1/2 cups pineapple, 1/3 cup red onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve chicken with soy sauce mixture and pineapple mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes