Pineapple Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 40
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 5 sheets commercial frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 1/4 cups finely diced cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 2 tablespoons diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon diced pimiento
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Coat 2 miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keep remaining phyllo covered). Lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Layer remaining 4 sheets phyllo on first sheet, lightly coating each sheet with cooking spray. Cut phyllo stack into 24 circles using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place phyllo circles into prepared muffin cups, pressing phyllo against bottom and up sides of cups. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, and reserved pineapple juice; stir into chicken mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, spoon chicken mixture evenly into phyllo cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers
Food & Wine