- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 248
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 5.1 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 132 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 564 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Combine juice, 1 tablespoon vinegar, hoisin, Sriracha, honey, fish sauce, and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Set aside 1 tablespoon juice mixture for serving.
Preheat broiler to high.
Cut chicken into 24 bite-sized pieces; thread 2 pieces onto each of 12 (6-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush with half of remaining 2 tablespoons juice mixture. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil 5 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining half of juice mixture. Broil 4 minutes or until done. Drizzle chicken with reserved 1 tablespoon juice mixture.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise, and juice in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cabbage and cilantro; toss. Serve slaw with kebabs.