Pineapple-Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Buttermilk-Cream Cheese Frosting is a tasty twist to Pineapple-Coconut Cupcakes where grated carrots replace the splash of coconut.
Southern Living APRIL 2012
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add carrots and next 7 ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add cake mix, and beat at low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling three-fourths full.
3. Bake at 325° for 25 to 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
4. Scoop out centers of cupcakes, using a 1-inch melon baller and leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Discard or reserve centers for another use. Spoon a heaping tablespoonful Pineapple Filling into center of each cupcake.
5. Pipe cupcakes with Buttermilk-Cream Cheese Frosting.
We tested with Wilton Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper.
Go to full version of