- 24 paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix
- Pineapple Filling
- Buttermilk-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Birds' nests: egg-shaped chocolate-coated malted milk balls; bright green edible paper, cut into strips
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add carrots and next 7 ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add cake mix, and beat at low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling three-fourths full.
Bake at 325° for 25 to 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 45 minutes).
Scoop out centers of cupcakes, using a 1-inch melon baller and leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Discard or reserve centers for another use. Spoon a heaping tablespoonful Pineapple Filling into center of each cupcake.
Pipe cupcakes with Buttermilk-Cream Cheese Frosting.
We tested with Wilton Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper.