Pineapple Carpaccio with Lemon Sorbet and Candied Zest
- 2 oranges
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pineapple, chilled, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- 4 sprigs mint, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zest from one of the oranges in wide strips and then into matchstick strips. Put the zest in a medium saucepan with the water and sugar. Simmer until the zest is translucent and tender and the liquid is reduced to approximately 2/3 cup, about 25 minutes. Strain out the zest, reserving both the syrup and the zest. Squeeze 3/4 cup juice from the oranges, strain into the syrup, and chill in the refrigerator.
- 2. Core each half of the pineapple by making a diagonal cut on one side of the core with a long serrated knife. Make a diagonal cut on the other side of the core, forming a V. Remove the core. Turn the halves over and cut the pineapple crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. Arrange the slices on four plates in concentric circles.
- 3. Pour the orange syrup over the pineapple slices. Put a scoop of sorbet on top of the pineapple and the candied zest over the sorbet. Garnish with the mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note