- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Beat shortening and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to shortening mixture alternately with pineapple, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately, and brush with melted butter. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and ground cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins. Serve hot.