Pineapple-Berry Burst Trifle
This trifle is a burst of color--tropical orange, strawberry red, ocean blue, and sunny yellow fruits.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Hours
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserves, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf pound cake, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Caramel Sauce
- 3 (20-ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, drained and divided
- 3 (4.4-ounce) packages fresh blueberries
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- Combine strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Cover; let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup preserves, 1 tablespoon sugar, and flavorings, beating until blended. Gradually add 1 cup whipping cream, beating until blended.
- Cook remaining 1/2 cup preserves in a small saucepan over medium heat 4 minutes or until melted, stirring constantly.
- Arrange one-third of pound cake cubes in a 3-quart bowl or trifle bowl. Top with one-third each of cream cheese mixture, Caramel Sauce, pineapple, blueberries, and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with strawberry mixture. Drizzle with melted apricot preserves. Cover and chill 3 hours. Garnish, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip: Make sure you use a 3-quart bowl. This trifle is what it says: It's bursting with ingredients and won't fit in a smaller bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note