Delicious. Not overly sweet. Very interesting flavors.
Pineapple and Basil Sundaes
Although basil is more commonly used in savory dishes, its sweet, aromatic flavors work beautifully with caramelized pineapple as a topping for frozen yogurt.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 9.6g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup amaretto or other nut-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 pt. vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add pineapple and cook until caramelized slightly, about 5 minutes. Add amaretto and cook until it resembles a syrup. Stir in basil. Scoop about 1/2 cup frozen yogurt into each of 4 serving dishes, then spoon warm pineapple mixture on top.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note