- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 1/4 cup commercial chopped chutney
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups (8 ounces) 50% less-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages nonfat process cream cheese product, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Edible flowers (optional)
- 64 gingersnaps
How to Make It
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, reserved juice, apricot, and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl; chill thoroughly.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Add cheeses and margarine; process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
Line 2 (2 1/2-cup) molds with cheesecloth dampened with 2 tablespoons brandy. Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture in bottom of each mold. Spread 1/4 cup pineapple mixture over cheese mixture in each. Repeat layers with 1/2 cup cheese mixture and half of remaining pineapple mixture in each mold. Spread remaining cheese mixture evenly over each. Cover and chill. Unmold onto serving plates; peel off cheesecloth. Garnish with edible flowers, if desired. To serve, spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on each gingersnap.