Pineapple-Apple Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
This bread pudding from New Orleans chef Leah Chase, the queen of Creole cuisine, is our hands-down favorite.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 2 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) day-old French bread loaf, cubed
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up and softened
- Bourbon Sauce
- Combine first 3 ingredients, and stir in eggs, blending well. Stir in crushed pineapple and next 4 ingredients. Stir in butter, blending well. Pour mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until set and crust is golden. Remove from oven, and let stand 2 minutes. Serve with Bourbon Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note