I served this as a 'hand' salad with pumpkin soup. Received raves from our diner guests.
Pine-Nut Salad Spears
Photo: Lisa Romerein; Styling: Dani Fisher
Serve this wine-friendly, snackable salad at cocktail parties when you want something fresh and crunchy alongside all the rich bits.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 109
- Calories from fat: 86%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 111mg
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- About 12 oz. romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Crush 1/3 cup nuts into a paste using a mortar and pestle. Add mustard, vinegar, shallot, honey, salt, and oil; mix until blended. Chill lettuce leaves until ready to serve.
- 2. Put lettuce leaves on a platter and drizzle with dressing, then sprinkle with cheese and remaining nuts.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers